1. Don't worry about the exam. Failing is never a problem.You can write the exam again In a long life of more than 60 years, one year is not a long period. Next year you have to learn more, so why not now?
2. Not all those who have good marks have a wonderful life. People who have scored less mark in their exams have also grown well in life. You could improve later, regardless of past, then why not now?
3. Everyone cannot score good marks. There are average and poor performers too. You could work hard and improve, that will produce a better result.
4. Your brain is brilliant and you need to use it. You have the capacity to learn, but it is less used. At least do it now, else you will miss the chance.
5. This is the last chance for you to read these books that is with you for the past one year. You will have many things to learn the rest of your life and you may not revisit this book. Consider it as a chance for you to read. Enjoy learning.
6. You may branch out into any field, but the basic knowledge of the entire subject will help you, later in your life in terms of general knowledge and extra mileage in learning many other concepts. You will repent for missing the chance of learning the basics of the variety of topics, which are used in other subjects even if you are branching out after this course. Every subject has a relation to learning other subjects. Concentrate on the subjects and score good marks in all of them.
7. Make a timetable date wise. Write the exam date and subjects. Decide the preparation time for each subject, taking a gap in-between the exams for preparation from TODAY.
8. Calculate the time at your disposal. Keep 8 hours for sleep and 4 to 6 hours for other routine activity like food, recreation and enjoying with family/TV etc. You have 10 hours for studies. In next 30 to 40 days you will have around 400 hours. This is sufficient time for exam preparation. Now you have more time for revising all the subjects. Be cool.
9. One who does not have learned anything can start now and get good marks, as there is lot of time left for the exam. Plan and use the time well. Time is a good investment; don't spend it wastefully.
10. Reduce Tuition time, and combined classes, as individual time is a must. For a subject which requires attention you must be able to concentate and study alone.
11. Before reading the chapter try to get the idea / concept and make a brief note on what you are going to read. With these points, get into reading. Reading will become interesting, as you will search for more points.Let each chapter be milestones. After studying one chapter write out points to recollect what is learned. Such written point-capsules are to be made for each chapter on all the subjects.
12. Break after each chapter that may take not less than one hour. Take rest of 5 to 15 minutes.
13. There is no good and bad time for studies. Individuals can find their choice of time. Sleep at anytime and wakeup any time. But do not keep changing your routine just before the exams. What you practice is the best time for you. It is important to find a long duration for studies.
14. At the end of the day, before going to sleep, look at all that capsules made on that day. Be happy with the fact that you have learned a lot each day.
15. Sleep only when you get sleep, and get up as soon as you wake up. Cold/Chill season will make one lethargic, Fight it with frequent washing of the face in warm water. Be fresh always. Keep your face, hands and legs wet to gain more concentration.
16. Have sufficient light at the reading place. Use the Agni (fire) colored tablecloth at the study table.
17. Take a deep breath and stretch your body at frequent intervals to make yourself energetic.
18. Drink lots of water and eat good food.
19. Sit in a good posture. Don't play with items around. Behave like a grownup / serious person during study time.
20. Recount to some one what you learnt that day. Keep auditing, that will improve your confidence. Keep updating and keep the targets for each day.
21. Finish your revision well in advance. Don't keep pending what you can finish in a day. You must have the capsules ready for the whole subjects well in advance.
22. If you are one who manages time while writing exams read all the questions in advance. Plan your writing and select the best question that can be answered first and next one in order of confidence.
23. Take old question papers and answer them, as if you are sitting in the exam hall. The answer sheet may be exchanged with a fellow student for correction. You will learn the way the other is writing and add to your points. You and your partner will get advantage and will improve.
24. If you are one who is not good in managing time in exam hall, do not read the whole question paper. Start writing as you read the question, which you can answer. Write as fast as you can
25. In case of large paragraphs in the answers,look at the answer sheet and underline the main points once you finish answering all the questions.
26. Write neatly maintaining a good margin. Write question numbers clearly inside the margin.
27. Mark those questions answered and note the completion time after each of the larger questions on your question paper.
28. Don't cut/cross the answer that you wrote first, in case if you decide to rewrite the answer (specially in Maths and Science). Do it only after rewriting. You may end up in mess, as you see sometimes the first one was right.
29. Don't discuss future plans and link it with exams. The present task is just to perform well in all the subjects.
. 30. Discussions on branching out and specialization will only divert attention and serve to lose concentration .
EXAM Preparations – Points for the Parents and Teachers
1. Over night one can't change the ward. If they are poor / average performers, don't pressurize them. There is a limit for all.
2. They are your product and if they are not good, it is just because of you. They are good it is because of you and their effort.
3. Give a positive stroke, by supporting them to do the best.
4. Don't discuss negative aspects of your child, unless that is productive, and some creative idea is being sought.
5. Don't recall the previous failures, but recall the best performances.
6. The child may have a bad intellect, but good emotional, social, spiritual and physical performances. Bad intellect can be improved. It is only a matter of time and chance.
7. Life can't be assessed based on one or two exams. This is not the exam of life!
8. All cannot be the best products. Don't compare with other siblings.
9. Negative remarks will keep the child away from you and could lead into depression and withdrawal. This is the time they require your company and support.
10. Mothers must have children on their lap and love them. Father must support them emotionally.
11. One hour learning is equal to three hours of walking. Intense study will make the child tired. Provide an emotional supportive environment.
12. Keep a realistic and practical goal for the child. Protect your child.
13. Values, self-discipline, habits etc. are developed over a period of time. Do not be harsh with them , at the time of exams.
14. Give good drinks, food and other support required. Preferably more water, fruits and vegetables. Not too heavy and fast food.
15. Provide pen / pencil and papers for writing practices. Give a good filing system for keeping them in order. Look at them and appreciate the effort. Audit progress in studies.
16. See that capsule creation and reproduction of the learned lessons are done without referring text/note.
17. Help your child in getting a good partner for study. This will help to evaluate his progress.
18. Provide a proper exam environment at home and support them in the practice of answering question papers at home.
19. Do not discuss vacation plans, guests and outings, as the concentration of the child will be impaired.
20. Consult counseling expert / doctor in case of aggression / depression / tension / mentally drained out / gloomy / fussy / frightened / sleep disorder / lack of concentration / not pleasant / not socializing / disorder in appetite / digestion problems / headache / backache / sweating / breathing problems / etc.
Dr T P Sasikumar email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 9911484007