Monday, May 12, 2008

INTERVIEW in ORKUT FAME

Interview of Dr.T.P Sasikumar- A space scientist, social worker.
Filed Under (Career, Education, Interviews, Social Service on orkut) by zazo on 10-05-2008
Tagged Under : , , ,

Zazo: Dr T.P Sasikumar has tons of achievements and long list of qualifications, There position in society and in there professional circle is far more bigger than what i can describe here. I would like to request Dr Sasikumar to write about himself in there own words and would also like to thank you for giving me this pleasure which is my biggest achievement ever till now.
Welcome Sir to Orkut’s Hall of Fame!
Dr. T.P Sasikumar:
Thank you.
I am truthfull to self and to all around who interact with me as best I can; trying to be less of frictions and as simple as I can in interpersonal relationships.
Keep motivation and skill active and use the opportunity as best as I can like a tree and a river.
Learning and teaching is the passion, happy on all that I have around me and proud on this gifted life.
Zazo: Sir, please tell us about your educational and professional background.
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: I was a good student at young age.At teen (10th) had very bad mark. I passed out at My native school at Naduvil in 1979. In VIII I was with Tagore Vidya Nikethan at Taliparamba. In Kannur, Kerala.BSc. Maths I got 89 % at Payyanur College, Kannur Kerala after studying at Kanjangad Nehru and Kannur SN Colleges for a while.MSc. Second Rank at Cochin Uni. of Science & Tech in 1986.MPhil at Bangalore Uni. with First Rank.PhD at Bangalore in Fluid Mechanics/Heat Transfer in 1989.
LLB at Osmania Uni. after I got into Space Dept. for Job.MBA from IGNOU with HRD / Knowledge management of ISRO.MS in Psychotherapy and Counseling from IPMS, Mumbai.Studied little Indian Knowledge though Veda, Upanishad, Thanthra etc. from various gurus including (Late) Brahmasree K P C Anujan Bhattathiripad.Astrology and Vasthu from Payyanur (Late) Kesavan Achary.Hypnotism and Many of the Therapies including REIKI, Pranic Healing.. and initiated with ESOTERIC Healing and DOWSING..Professionally learned Computer Vision, Image Processing, Remote Sensing, Mapping etc.
Zazo: How do you feel getting so many degrees& certificates, Is there any subject you left or wish to study?
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: The certificates are not the credit.I read only serious matters. But they made me to read. When I have target, I get focused. Else i am not a serious reader. A serious reader need not bother on certificates.I have half done MA Philosophy, left for some reason. Wanted to read more on Philosophy and Psychology.I wish I know more biology and chemistry.I am not satisfied.Presently keen on Gita, Yoga Vasishta and Works of Ramana, Sankara et. al.Need more time to read and teach.Waiting for 2009 october to take VRS for full time learning and teaching.
Zazo: Sir, please throw some light on your job profile and any new or completed projects if possible?
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: Basically I am in Space Department as a Scientist since 1989.
Worked on Remote Sensing, Mapping, Image Processing, Photogrametry, Computer Vision etc..
Was with Calicut University at Kerala as a DIRECTOR of UGC-Academic Staff College for over an year on deputation.The job was training teachers - Orientation and Advanced topics in their concerned fields.
Apart from all these I teach at various Colleges/Universities/Institutes/Public/etc..Was with Vivekananda Institute for Human Excellence, Ramakrishna Mat at Hyderabad for so many years were hundreds of youth attend my classes weekly.Teaching Educational Techniques / Effective Learning & Teaching / Management / Human Rights / SOFT-SKILL, MAN making / Attitude Setting / Personality Development / Mind management etc. is my passion.General Talks and Spiritual Talks at Temples are also part of my life since 8 years.
Zazo: On the part of Education in India as you experienced please tell how you find it the whole system of education?, where India is lacking? and where we need to improve? The statistics shows development in South India what about North and North Eastern states?
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: It is a wonderful question, but don’t have a page answer.See the bloghttp://drtpsasikumar.blogspot.com/NECESSARY BUT NOT SUFFICIENTfor my view.
India need education that will teach about what we need in India, and what we need to do to grow further.
Our education have no learning of our culture, history, system.We have not much grown in the basic far sighted education planning..
The change, faster tracks and development in South is just due to the better English and the international role they play. Many goes abroad and gets educated. and many are employed outside.
These are good for immediate growth and development.
But as India, we are not growing and living with the money we are getting by supporting the developed nations. Also working for them.
We need to improve the infrastructure. The educational background of India is good. We could attract foreign students to India, instead of the today’s situation, of students from india are going abroad for education.
Zazo: What is your comment on introducing sex education as a subject for school students in India?
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: The basic biology that is taught in the school level is enough.The animals don’t learn sex in the classes. Instinct is the lesson.What is required is the human value education.Value based education will set human nature. Being human is human being.Thus not just sex, all the feelings are controlled. Learning to live as a social being, living protecting others’ rights.Hatred, unwanted competition, human right violations, etc. can be stopped.
Zazo: Being a space scientist for so long you have seen many ups and downs, many development and new technologies. Where you place India among some developed countries like U.S, Russia & Japan?
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: The question is India developed or not.Money matters.The knowledge and the power will not make money, need to strive.We lack that.We work abroad and they get the merit and credit.Indians are great, but not India.We will be able to make India too great.To achieve this in the near future, we need good leaders.
Zazo: Any political leader in past you got impressed with? Who is your role model?
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: Mahatma Gandhi..
Many may not call his as political leader, but he was… SWAMY VIVEKANANDA.Vivekananda predicted the future of India..
They had a vision for the country.Not of selfish interest.In these days may be KALAM.
Not many other political leaders around..
Had lot of hope on Bajpai, but the party is not in good shape..Bajpai was good as an opposition leader and had good vision.
Not more..on this..
Zazo: Sir, what is your work as a spiritual director and life skill trainer? Please tell us a little bit about your journey to spirituality.
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: Nothing around us is constant so people move between happiness and sadness.If we fluctuate with those scenes we are unable to be constant internally.But when we turn to the One who is permanently radiating virtues, we receive power and become unshakable.God offers all His potential to us.He is ever constant in being the light that never fades.That he is within..I found people lack this understanding.
Our Traditional style had lot of methods for this realization…Many of them is today being commercialized…
In a small way, wherever I can reach I am taking the messages, as i understood.
Personality Development, Communication Skill, Positive Thinking/Acting, Mind Management, Activity Management are all LIFE Skills….
Both Spiritual Direction and Life Skill are same…This is the message I am taking to people.
Had 1000s of classes / workshop ..Over lakhs of public / youth / students / teachers …over variety of topics across govt. offices / clubs/ educational institutes / banks / temples / etc..
Zazo: What about your online activities, like your yahoo group…what is the purpose of that group? you also own a blog and some communities on orkut too..Hows that going on?
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: It is almost 3 years back, I started yahoo groups. That was when same questions were asked by many of the students the answers were put on groups postings and asked the students to see them. Few lecture schedules were also intimated through the group.
Orkut started again for my students of Ramakrishna mat, the youth, around 200 averages per week, whom I see and most of them wanted the orkut reference.
The blog was again by some one demanded, i am not very up-to-date on it.. Still posted a few.
The community LIFE is to LIVE picked up very fast, as i was very active in the lectures during that time.
2005 October as I moved to Delhi and I lost my password of gmail and the LIFE is to LIVE community password too. Someone hacked.. My old orkut login too I lost. I had more than 1000 friends and I had to remove many of them, that is the time I lost it.
It is then i started LIFE made SIMPLE. As I don’t have many lectures around these days the growth is less. But have a few who reads and sends email to me. they scrap too. But don’t reply on the community.
I am not very pushy and thrashy.. have a few good friends and they are with me for long..
I got many of my relatives too on the list, they otherwise would not have been in contact.
My stay in Delhi, I got arranged through my orkut friend, whom i have not met yet.Social network have done a lot of favour to me and I am positive on them.I have good number of friends, many of them keep in constant touch too,even when they are not live and active on orkut.
Zazo: Sir how was your experience outside India?, I saw that you gave many lectures in different countries, any memorable moment you want to share with us?
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: I had a few lectures in OMAN, MUSCATAt muscat I remumber the special secretary and Kimji (the richest at Oman) attending my talks. The personal meetings after the lecture at their invitation showed lot of love and admiration.I have never had such an encouragement in India.
In SOHAR, OMANI remember the crowed, the keraliates, who are all very poor and lives in small sheds.After the lecture they offered me some money, I rejected.They said mainly people come here to collect money, and we find someone rejecting - their first experience.I told them I am living in a better place and have better facility than you. So you require money and not me.I felt that they love others more than them.DUBAI, In an SCHOOLI was chanting the slokas and asked the students to repeat, they could not, i said leave it. They didn’t leave. They wanted to learn it. The one hour class went for three hours. The students were from Brazil, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Russia, Europe, UAE etc..I have not found any other places; the kids are much interested to learn like this.The students in one school interviewed and they recorded the interview to write in their magazine.
DUBAI, Narayanettan.The one who came to attend my class in Dubai have not left my company for the ten days and attended all my 42 lectures without attending his office and home. He was with me throughout.
In India too have many such instances, but those abroad was a few sticking..
Zazo: What is the key to success in your words? I think this is the question every student and professional want to ask.
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: For every success one should haveattitudeskillopportunityis equal proportion.
Anything more and anything less will have problems in life.
The opportunity is not in our hand, but as it comes, one have to use it.
Skill need to be developed with specific target in mind, else will go waste and will feel bad for not having opportunity, and will get into depression.
Good attitude will create a balanced desire and enjoyment in life at all levels.Will have been happy and never get satisfied.The desire to grow and achieve higher must be within.
When one achieves what he aims, he is called successful.Thus desire is a must for as the starting point for the success.
Zazo: Did you ever faced failure in your life? if yes, how did you came up with it?
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: I had and do have many failures in LIFE.Every one will have.
Whe I took birth, i won over millions of my unborn brothers and sisters, that is success..THE BIGGEST WAR EVER ANYONE WILL FIGHT IN HIS LIFE, is before the birth.
I lost my father and sister in an accident when i only survived, do we call it a failure.
I never had a childhood of enjoyment, a traditional village farmer’s son, FAILURE ?
I was the last rank fellow in my 8th class, a failure.
many in list…. is this all failures ? Yes, I do had pains and grief over these.. at those times, they were failures…
THESE sort of stories each and everyone will have …Not getting good marks, not getting the job required, not getting promotion, not getting the gilrl loved, not having a good house, car etc. etc…. NOT OF MY CHOICE !!
I HAVE NO SUCH FAILURES… or had many… but i always feel they are not failures..
ONCE you miss a bus, u has many options.Once you get into a bus, you miss many busses..
So missing a bus is good..
This is my word.. i keep telling this to people too..SO nothing in life is a failure..We get chances and many more chances..Thus failure is only a displacement for a short time.. must enjoy it.Take it as a challenge..THAT IS WHAT I DO.
We do not know what is good for us, let god decide and provide the best…HAVE FULL FAITH IN GOD… DO the JOB.THAT IS WHAT I DO.
Zazo: Please give a guidance and way to those students who are intended to become a scientist and teachers as you experienced both.
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: Learn well any subjectthat is it..one can get into research…and be a scientist in any field of interest….
And one learn the subject then will be able to teach well.Thus could be a good teacher..
Research and teaching must go together..a teacher who is not research cant be active and grow.
a researcher who is not a teacher is not practical too..
The field of research is not the matter, but the aptitude and the outlook mattersthat will help being a creative teacher too.
Zazo: Any message to the readers of this interview?
Dr. T.P Sasikumar: If this interview could inspire a few..This is a wonderful experience.The effort of this person who tried this is worth.
I enjoyed, and thank you very much.
Let this Hall of fame be full….So that these first fame will be out and new good faces are up..
All the very bestBye.DrTPS
Zazo: Thanks a lot sir for giving your precious time for this superb and informative, inspiring and wonderful interview…i really enjoyed talking to a personality like you. Thanks for all the appreciations and kind words.Thanks a lot.

1 comment:

kannan said...

Pl. visit http://kannan.edublogs.org